Finding housing can be difficult as you might not have even visited Raleigh before, let alone been able to tour housing options. Asking yourself whether you want to live on or off campus, near or far from campus, how you will get to campus, how much you’re willing to pay, and whether you want roommates are some good ways to filter down your choices.
- NC State has a housing website that compiles some information for living in both on-campus University housing or in certain off-campus housing options.
- If you are hoping to find a roommate or want to sublet, there is a Facebook group for housing-related concerns. Additionally, the department can send out an email to Crop & Soil Science students on your behalf.
- NC State has a bus service called WolfLine. This website contains information on schedules, maps, any breaks in service for holidays, etc. There is also an app to track your bus. Additionally, if you live off-campus, there are a few park & ride options listed here.
- The city of Raleigh and the Triangle also have a bus service with some routes having stops on campus. Students can also apply for a discounted GoPass for $5 to ride any GoRaleigh, GoDurham, GoCary, and GoTriangle bus. There is also an app to track your bus.
- If you’re hoping to drive to campus, most students purchase a permit to park in the Dan Allen Deck, (costs about $210 per semester) which also allows you to park in the greenhouse parking lot on Method Rd. The system is a lottery, so potentially not everyone will get their first choice. This website details prices and when the lottery opens, as well as how to apply for a parking pass.
- If you want the perspective of a current student or have questions you think a current student may be able to answer, contact the officers under the contact tab and we’ll do our best to get you the information you need.